Safety Car usa cookies
Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para optimizar nuestros servicios y mejorar tu experiencia, no se utilizarán para recoger información de carácter personal. Necesitamos tu consentimiento para que aceptes nuestras cookies, que podrás eliminar siempre que lo desees.

Calificación:
  • 2 voto(s) - 3 Media
TEMPORADA 2023 DE FÓRMULA 1 [Hilo oficial]
Newey: Not working with Ferrari, Hamilton and Alonso are 'emotional regrets'

Pre-eminent Formula 1 designer Adrian Newey says it “would have been fabulous” to work with Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton in addition to possibly switching to Ferrari.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/newey.../10525974/

“My discussions in 2014 with Ferrari were purely out of frustration,” Newey continued.
“I really didn’t want to leave but we were in this position where Renault hadn’t produced a competitive turbo hybrid engine.
“That happens in the first year, OK, new rules. We all make mistakes.
“But we went to see Carlos Ghosn [disgraced former Renault CEO], Christian [Horner], Helmut [Marko] and myself to try to put pressure on him to up the budget.

He added: “Ghosn’s reply was ‘Well, I have no interest in Formula 1. I’m only in it because my marketing people say I should be. That was such a depressing place to be.
Newey acknowledged that there was an emotional tinge to not having joined Ferrari before noting he would have also liked the opportunity to work with Hamilton and Alonso.
Asked if he had any regrets about turning down the Maranello advances, Newey said: “Emotionally, I guess, to a point. Yes.
“But just as, for instance, working with Fernando and Lewis would have been fabulous. But it never happened. It’s just circumstance sometimes, that’s the way it is.”
[Imagen: tiolavara.png]
Siempre con Fernando, año tras año.
Un imbécil que lee mucho no reduce un ápice su imbecilidad. Si acaso, se convierte en un imbécil leído.
Responder

Mensajes en este tema
DO - por Enrike red - 17-05-2023, 13:45
RE: TEMPORADA 2023 DE FÓRMULA 1 [Hilo oficial] - por German Sanchez - 28-09-2023, 12:23

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 87 invitado(s)